- 언론정보학 해외석학 콜로키움: 8/3 (화) < Jonathan J. H. Zhu: Computational Methods and Social Media Research
- 일시 2021.08.03
- Date2021-08-06 13:46:21
서울대학교 언론정보연구소와 BK FOUR "자유롭고 책임있는 AI 미디어" 교육연구단에서 커뮤니케이션학계 해외 유수 학자들을 초청해 다양한 주제의 강연 시리즈를 개최하고 있습니다. 이번 세션은 온라인(ZOOM)으로만 진행되며, 많은 분들의 관심과 참여 부탁드립니다.
● 일시: 8월 3일 (화) 오후 12:30~2:00
● 접속 링크: https://snu-ac-kr.zoom.us/j/89018180843
● 발표자: Jonathan J. H. Zhu 교수 (City University of Hong Kong)
● 주제: Computational Methods and Social Media Research
● 초록: It’s not a secret that social media and communication are closely related. It’s perhaps surprising to know that communication is the most active contributor to SSCI publications social media and social media is the most popular topic in SSCI-Communication publications. In the current talk, I’ll focus studies social media published in SSCI-Communication journals, with an emphasis those based big data and/or computational methods. In particular, I’ll discuss what benefits computational approach has brought to the field, what problems it has encountered, and what possible solutions it should strive in the future.
● 연사 소개: Jonathan J. H. Zhu (Ph.D. in Communication, Indiana University, 1990) is a Chair Professor of Computational Social Science in the Department of Media and Communication and the School of Data Science at City University of Hong Kong. He taught previously at Fudan University in China and University of Connecticut in the U.S. He started his research career with agenda-setting, presidential elections, and other issues of political communication, and has gradually branched into web media, social media, and mobile media with increased utilization of computational methods. He is an elected follow of International Communication Association, has served the editorial board of Journal of Communication, Communication Research, Human Communication Research, Political Communication, and Journal of Computer-Mediated Research, and has published across disciplines in communication, economics, computer science, physics, medical informatics, and elsewhere.